Friday 30 November 2012

Should we keep dreaming?

A few weeks back,my lecturer, Mr.Hardip showed us a movie called Czech Dream (Český sen).It is a documentary film about how two young filmmaker persuade thousands of people to go to their fake supermarket through advertising,which I thought,was very brilliant.I mean,I don't know how they did it but I learned that advertising is a powerful form of media.It's like,through advertising,people can be deceived and made to believe of something that didn't existing into believing that it is there.


After the screening,Mr.Hardip starts telling us about his dream.He wanted to open up a hardware store that are women friendly since,not to be stereotype but hardware store are like shop which women don't usually go to.

As for me,I have a dream too,which I keep as a dream because in our current time,that dream seemed impossible to achieve.Well,I've watched a documentary called The Union.The documentary was about why Marijuana are made illegal and all the benefits can be seen if it is made legal.My dream do revolve around that.What I learned from watching the documentary was how the plant can benefit the whole human population!This is a dream and if it came true,I would want to be a farmer that plants Hemp but not for smoking it but for what it can do.Not many people know this but other parts of the hemp plant are useful too.Hemp can be made into papers,clothes,medicines,cosmetics and many more.It is a plant full of benefits if the growth is controls.Having legal plantation would also reduce the amount of Marijuana trafficking everyday.The police force could actually start focus on preventing more serious criminals rather than catching someone who sits in their couch watching television and eating chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment